The candidate will be working with user representatives and working with contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and utilizing management practices. The ideal candidate will be able to apply them in practice. The candidate will be critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information for details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguishing solution ideas from requirements.
The candidate will be required to create use cases and other diagrams (such as UML and DoDAF) to support requirements elicitation and sets of requirements for various functional components. The Software Requirements Engineer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle in areas of requirements, scope changes, and use cases.
The candidate will work directly with systems and software engineers and automated tools to create and maintain traceability of the requirements to associated design specifications and test plans.
- Able to think abstractly and work at high-levels of abstraction (i.e., able to work with requirements without being drawn into the details of design and implementation decisions).
- Able to successfully manage the multiple concurrent issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that typically occur during requirements engineering and verification.
- Able to collaborate well with customer representatives, domain experts, managers, and architects.
- Highly flexible when confronted with evolving goals and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- U.S. citizenship required.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems.
- Minimum 4 years experience in Systems engineering fundamentals, architectural development, diagram development, UML modeling languages/tools, and requirement development though automated tools, such as DOORs, Rational System Architect or Rhapsody.
- Familiarity with formal software development life cycles and CMM/CMMI.
- Experience with IEEE, DOD, or other requirements documentation templates and formats.
- Knowledge of military human resource information systems and software.
- 2 years of experience in technical leadership role, leading projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Familiarity with and able to function in a CMMI Level 3 or higher, process oriented organization.
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) architecture artifacts.
Business Analyst to analyze, develop and maintain standard process descriptions, workflows, metrics and related tools for the manpower information area.
Five to ten years of business or information technology related experience, or equivalent years of related experience-Three to five years experience in business process re-engineering, performance measurement, and process documentation-Five to ten years experience in USMC operations/management desired-Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and solid SQL query development skills.
Business process re-engineering experience should include objective and quantitative process analysis, process improvement, and change implementation; experience in benchmarking and performance measurement, to include research of industry standards and development of acceptable performance levels; effective written and oral communication skills; demonstrated experience with project management.
Experience in facilitating and leading meetings on the topic of process development